How Often Should We Pressure or Power Wash Our Building?
Power washing and pressure washing are essential parts of maintaining high-use commercial buildings. This applies to properties containing strata and rental buildings, townhouse complexes, office buildings and medical buildings, to name few. The benefits include:
- Presenting a professional, well-cared-for appearance
- Preventing deterioration due to dirt, mould and algae build-up
- Preserving property value, reputation and public image
So, with all this in mind, how often should it be done? There are a couple of answers for that. The short answer is at least twice a year. The longer answer includes seasonal washes, and event-specific washes. Here are the reasons.
Twice a year minimum
- You want to avoid unsightly dirt, grime, mould or algae staying on your building for long periods. Besides lowering property values as well as peoples’ impression of your business, unwashed surface build-up starts to cause staining and deterioration of the underlying material.
- Springtime can leave your building covered in pollen, which can cause serious discomfort for some of your residents, clients, visitors and patients, particularly those with allergies and breathing issues.
- Fall storms whip up dirt, leaves and fine debris which end up on building surfaces. A pressure wash at this time of year keeps your building looking crisp and clean.
- Construction going on nearby can coat your entire building in dust.
- Smoke, soot, and ash from summer wildfires has been blanketing our area more frequently in the last several years. These particles stick to walls causing smudges and stains, as well as serious health issues for people nearby.
We hope this answers the question of how often to pressure wash or power wash your building. This type of cleaning requires expert knowledge and experience to avoid unnecessary damage. Be sure to hire a professional to oversee the work.