Professional vs DIY Gutter Cleaning
With autumn just around the corner, cleaning your gutters should be high priority on your chores list. But, how much of the job should you do yourself, and when will you know to call in a pro? You’ll want to ensure the gutters are cleaned properly to avoid future damages to your home.
DIY Gutter Cleaning
Basic maintenance to your gutters should be easily doable yourself – as long as you are comfortable climbing up a ladder in order to reach the gutters.
Gutter maintenance that most people are comfortable doing themselves include:
- Scooping out debris, such as leaves and twigs that have built up in the gutter.
- Unclog the downspout to allow water to drain away from the home.
- Inspect to make sure that gutter fastenings are properly in place, and repair cracked caulking along the seams of the gutters.
- Use a pressure washer to clean the gutters out very well.
Hiring a Professional for Gutter Maintenance
If any of the above tasks feel to daunting to complete on your own, professional services are readily available to help you with your gutters. Some tasks that a professional can help you with include:
- Pressure washing – to ensure it is done correctly. Incorrect pressure washing technique can potentially do damage to the gutters or roof of the home.
- Removal and replacement of gutter guards.
- Issuing a proper inspection to be sure that you are not missing anything. Finding problem spots before they arise can save you a lot of money long term.
- Any regular gutter maintenance such as scooping debris and unclogging can be done by a professional in the event you are not comfortable doing it yourself.
When it comes time to clean your gutter system out, some tasks can be done yourself and some may be best left to the professionals. Evaluate which tasks you are comfortable completing, and if you need help – don’t hesitate to contact your local gutter professionals today!