Spring Maintenance Checklist for Residential Communities in Vancouver
Spring is that special time between seasons, when weather is unpredictable, but it's likely going to continue to warm up. This is the perfect time to enjoy some of the milder weather and get your home or property ready for summer. Many people set aside a whole week or more than one weekend for spring cleaning. This blog contains a spring home maintenance checklist to get your house ready.
- You should prepare the HVAC system for spring: Getting the HVAC systems ready for warmer days is important. This is crucial for indoor air quality. When you clean this system and maintain it regularly, you are assured of greater efficiency and a comfortable indoor environment.
- Bathroom and Kitchen: You should make sure that your kitchen and bathroom ventilation systems are working for sufficient indoor quality. Check the kitchen and bathroom ventilations. Test and clean bathroom and kitchen exhaust fans. The kitchen fan is responsible for taking away the moisture that cooking produces. The bathroom exhaust fan takes away the moisture produced from bathing.
- Home foundation and exterior: If the building envelope has a problem, it can lead to rot, mold, and indoor air quality problems. Be sure to check and repair any siding, window, or foundation problems.
- Check the roofing: You should check the gutters and repair any roof or gutter leaks. Make sure to prune vegetation and trees around your house which prevents invasion from pests. Furthermore, vegetation can damage siding, gutters, and roofing.
- Check the chimneys: If you have a chimney in your home, check the joints between stones or bricks. If there is any vegetation growing in or out of them, prune it professionally. If you have used your chimney a lot during the winter, get the flue cleaned.
These are the main things to check for when you do spring cleaning. Inside, you may also want to rotate mattresses, wash the windows, and air everything out.
For almost 20 years, Always Clean Maintenance has been proudly providing maintenance services to both residential and commercial properties on the Lower Mainland from Chilliwack to Squamish.
If you have any questions about this article or would like to talk to us about property maintenance, please give us a call at (604) 789-1256.